Final Judge: Greg Williamson
Deadline: May 1, 2014
1. Submissions must be original, unpublished parodies of famous poems of any length and subject matter.
2. Parodies must be metrical (accentual-syllabic or accentual), though the original poems may be free verse.
3. Author’s name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and name of poem being parodied should be typed on the back of each entry (if not submitting electronically).
4. Final judge for the 2014 contest will be Greg Williamson. The winning poem and several runners-up will be published in a 2014 issue of Measure.
5. Send up to three poems in one envelope (or in one MS Word file via our electronic submission system). Entry fee: $10 per three poems, checks payable to Measure Press, or you may pay electronically via PayPal. Writers may enter as many times as they’d like, but each group of three poems must be accompanied by a $10 fee.
6. Entries must be sent to the address below and postmarked no later than March 1, 2014. Enclose an SASE if you would like to be notified of the contest results. Entries cannot be returned.
Measure Parody AwardDepartment of Creative Writing1800 Lincoln AvenueEvansville, IN 47722
Please note: These are the complete guidelines. Thank you.