For the semiannual publication of our journal Measure, we welcome submissions of poetry, critical essays, reviews, book reprints, and interviews. When submitting, please follow the guidelines below.
- Send no more than 3 to 5 poems at a time;
- Poems must be metrical;
- Each poem should include the poet's name and phone number; and
- No simultaneous submissions, please.
- Please submit all poems electronically at measurepress.com
For critical essays, reviews, and interviews:
- Essays, reviews, and interviews should not exceed 10,000 words;
- Essays, reviews, and interviews must be original work which has not appeared elsewhere, or author must hold rights to reprint;
- Essays, reviews, and interviews should use CMS endnotes where appropriate;
- All submissions should be typed and double-spaced;
- Please submit all work electronically at measurepress.com
For book reprints:
- Books must have been published (or will be published) within two years of the present date;
- Person submitting (author or publisher) must have reprint rights;
- Please submit entire book. The editors at Measure will select anywhere from 2 to 5 poems to reprint;
- Please include business-sized SASE for notification;
- Submissions cannot be returned.
- Send to our physical mailing address at:
526 S. Lincoln Park Dr.
Evansville, IN 47714
Measure accepts submissions year-round, but please allow 3 months for a reply.
These are the complete guidelines for submissions.